A treatise upon the use and preparation of poisons
Poisons is a specialized herbalism/apothecary shill that allows one to concoct harmful substances from herbs, minerals and animalia. This also lends one a limited knowledge of antidotes; not every poison has an antidote, though.
Detrimental effects (Ob penalties) of poisons tend to linger in a victim for several hours (10-Health hours, minimum of one hour). Wounds caused by these toxins heal as any normal injury would.
- Deadly (Ob7 to create)
- After one exchange, the victim suffers an Ob penalty of 6-Forte. The poison also inflicts a B9 wound.
Insect(Ob4 to create)
- This poison incapacitates its victims. Test Health vs Ob5. Margin of failure is temporarily subtracted from Speed and Power.
Insect 2(Ob4 to create)
- This poison is an irritant. Test Health vs Ob4. Margin of failure is Ob penalty for 10-Health hours.
- Intoxicating (Ob6 to create)
- this poison causes nausea, severe disorientation and hallucinations. After one exchange, victim suffers Ob penalty of 8-Forte; plus a B5 wound.
- Paralytic (Ob10 to create)
- this poison relaxes its victims muscles. After one exchange, the victim suffers an Ob penalty of 5-Forte; also, -2D to the victim’s Power per dose; acidic enzymes do an additional B5 wound.
Snake(Ob5 to create)
- this toxin immobilizes the victim and suffocates him via respiratory failure or drowning (on the victim’s own saliva). The poison directly attacs the victim’s Health. Test Health vs Ob5. margin of failure is subtracted from Health (permanently) and also added to the victim’s Ob penalties. The poison requires three exchanges to take its effect.
- The potency of this toxin may be increased, adding to the Health Ob. this increases the Poisons Ob by 2 per increase.
- Blood Toxin
Snake 2(Ob5 to create)
- Blood toxins cause tissue damage, scarring and excessive bleeding. Test Forte vs Ob5, margin of failure is subtracted from physical stats (Ag, Sp, Po, Fo) for 10-Health days. Bleeding rates are stepped up one category for victims of this toxin. Takes three exchanges to take effect.
- Virulent (Ob4 to create)
- Causes a wave of disorientation and nausea. The disorientation temporarily increases all Obs by 6-Forte. The acidic poison begins to dissolve flesh and sinew, causing a B6 wound. this poison requires one exchange from injection to take effect.
- Weak (Ob3 to create)
- after one exchange the victim suffers an Ob penalty of 5-Forte, and a B4 wound.